Mission Possible: Revamp a 1980s Dress for a Wedding

I had a "What to wear?" moment last week, because I had a wedding to attend on 1/14. I received the invite in early December, and I tore through the closet. Ugh... Nothing to wear that was wedding appropriate. I decided to go to one of my FAVE thrift stores in southern NJ..... Frugal Resale! I ended up finding this sapphire blue number there. Original price: $19.99, and I got it for $9.99.
It was draped on the front, with a floral sequin detail. It was ruched up the back.... hello, badunkadunk!
Lastly, it had shoulder pads that would make Joan Collins proud!
 

So, off came those shoulder pads and the 100% polyester sleeves! Ta da!!!!! Totally modernized for the wedding!




What do you think?


Comments

  1. Thanks for the sensible critique. Me & my neighbor were just preparing to do some research on this. We got a grab a book from our local library but I think I learned more from this post. I'm very glad to see such fantastic information being shared freely out there.
    1 Dozen (12 PAK) Duke 1 3/4 Coil Spring Trap for Bobcat and Coyote

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mend and Make Do: Repairing Small Moth Holes in a Cashmere Sweater

Trip to Philadelphia, PA to Theatre of Living Arts to see RATT

How to Dye a Leather Purse with Spray Paint Color