Quickie DIY: Leather Ponytail Holder

I've been going through a phase of pre-Spring cleaning.... going through clothes and accessories. I am swapping some on Rehash and I am donating some to Frugal Resale, and I am going to "upcycle" some.

So.... I'm obsessed with Pinterest, the online inspiration "Pinboard"; especially with DIY-ing. It inspired me to visit my local ".99 or less" type of store, and I bought:








A (blah) Goody ponytail holder, and a brown plastic "leather" belt that had a leather flower detail and leather strips for securing the belt. Both cost .69 cents each, for a total of $1.38 + tax. Here's what I did from there:





I cut the flower off the icky plastic belt, and I untied the leather strips. Then, I steamed the curled-up flower and wrinkled up leather strips.


I took a strong craft adhesive and glued the flower (it was still attached to a piece of the belt) to the Goody ponytailer. I used two other ponytailers to wrap around the two ends, and let it cure overnight.

The next day, I took the two ponytailers off my bargain-bin creation, and French-braided my hair. The leather flower ponytail holder went at the base.



The project took 15 minutes to do. What do you think? I like my bargain-bin DIY ponytail holder! Saint Salvage strikes again!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mend and Make Do: Repairing Small Moth Holes in a Cashmere Sweater

Trip to Philadelphia, PA to Theatre of Living Arts to see RATT

How to Dye a Leather Purse with Spray Paint Color