Pinspiration: Pinned on Pinterest: Vintage Suitcase Turned into a Jewelry Organizer

I am a Pinterest fan, but I didn't want to turn into strictly a pinner. I wanted to be "Pinspired", and actually do a DIY. I pinned this really fun little project Vintage Suitcase Turned Jewelry Display from Richmond Craft Mafia onto my pinboard DIY: Jewelry. So.... here's what I did on 3/3:
 
I picked up a small suitcase at an estate sale a few weeks ago. It cost me $5. It probably was a makeup case.


My younger son repaired the peeling up lining with our trusty glue gun.... Thank you Johnnie!

Then, I used 3 yards of coordinating lace trim, and I spaced them 1.5" apart. I ran it as one continuous strip from one side to the other, and secured them with hot glue. I had a little bit of lace trim left over, so I used it to cover the hinge, and secured it in the back of the display. 
Then, I turned it on its end, and put my earrings on it.





Ta-dah!!!!! All done!!!!

Comments

  1. And I thought I had a lot of earrings!! Great upcycle though!
    Amy @ http://yellowhouseon3rd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy - Yeah, I probably need to join a 12-step group. At least, these were all cheap finds (thrifted or gained by swapping). Thank you for the feedback.
      Tiffany

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mend and Make Do: Repairing Small Moth Holes in a Cashmere Sweater

Trip to Philadelphia, PA to Theatre of Living Arts to see RATT

How to Dye a Leather Purse with Spray Paint Color