Quickie DIY: Vintage Green Shell Earrings

Here's another quickie DIY I did. I picked up these vintage shell earrings in a grab bag lot at an estate sale recently. One was missing an earring hook, and the "silver" was peeling and tarnishing.
 

 
So, I used my 18 karat gold leafing pen by Krylon, and applied the gold leafing.
 
 
Then, I upgraded the hook to a French Hook with a clear stopper.

 
Last, I found a printable pdf from www.howaboutorange.blogspot.com and printed it out on brown kraft paper (from a box about to be recycled). Then, I cut the cards out, punched holes and hung the earrings.

 
Ta dah! They are ready for gift giving or selling, all nice and professional looking.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mend and Make Do: Repairing Small Moth Holes in a Cashmere Sweater

Trip to Philadelphia, PA to Theatre of Living Arts to see RATT

How to Dye a Leather Purse with Spray Paint Color