Inspired by Pinterest: Purple Geode Slice Choker

A lot of people, including me are obsessed with Pinterest. A few weeks ago, I pinned a beautiful cuff by Mercedes Salazar, sold on Shopbop.

Pinned Image
I decided to upcycle a 1970s era Trifari two-toned choker I bought as part of a bulk bag deal at an estate sale, by using brass craft wire from the local Dollar Tree
 

a purple agate slice I purchased in August 2012 from Sterling Hill Mine in Ogdensburg, NJ
 

and some Super Glue
 


I hammered the wire 

 
 
twisted the wire, glued it and mounted it to the choker during my lunch break.
 
  
 



Shopbop's original price: $198.00. It's on sale for $99. I spent no more than $10! Woo hoo! A quickie DIY, and a stylish bargain! Saint Salvage strikes again.
 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mend and Make Do: Repairing Small Moth Holes in a Cashmere Sweater

Trip to Philadelphia, PA to Theatre of Living Arts to see RATT

How to Dye a Leather Purse with Spray Paint Color