Upcycled vintage beads and Arizona Ice Tea can into a necklace

My younger son and I made a necklace together tonight. We used some vintage beads, some new Swarovski hot pink beads, and some black spacer beads.

 
I cut the aluminum tag, and I embossed it with the Vintaj set, to show an owl. (My son's girlfriend loves owls.)


 
 
He stamped her name on the long brass tag on one side and the date on the other side. He strung the beads on and added the owl charm and the tag.




 
Finally, we crimped the ends, and added a heart toggle closure. It was a nice project!
 

Comments

  1. Very pretty. I like using old beads to create new items.

    Happy V day
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the feedback. My 14-year-old son wanted to do something nice for his GF. It was nice doing this project with him.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mend and Make Do: Repairing Small Moth Holes in a Cashmere Sweater

How to Dye a Leather Purse with Spray Paint Color

Trip to Philadelphia, PA to Theatre of Living Arts to see RATT