Upcycled Denim Rivets to Post Earrings with Business Card

It's stash busting time.... I have a pile of worn out jeans, and I've been pinning "like crazy" on my Pinterest board "Forever in blue jeans". So, I decided to start small. I wanted to make earrings out of the rivets!
 
Here's the donor pair; a torn-up pair from my boys. It was Old Navy.
 
 
Close up of the "1994" rivet:

 
Brand new posts.

 
Rivet trimmed with a little bit of denim.

 
Two sets, all prepped for the application of glue:

 
Here's the final product, on punched card stock, with my business card info. Hey, it's multi-purpose: a display and a marketing tool.

 
Here's the close up of the earrings on the card.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mend and Make Do: Repairing Small Moth Holes in a Cashmere Sweater

Trip to Philadelphia, PA to Theatre of Living Arts to see RATT

How to Dye a Leather Purse with Spray Paint Color