Golden Sculpey Clay Cuff Bangle Bracelet with Upcycled Vintage Pin Focal

I inherited a vintage pin with a broken pinback. Oh, what to do? I decided to make it a focal point to a golden swirled Sculpey Clay cuff style bangle bracelet.

Step 1: Prepare the pinback



I turned over this pinback and broke of the remaining bits of the pin, but I left the brackets that hold the pin. I really liked the detailing with the faux gold and faux pearls!

Step 2: Prepare the clays

I had three different colors of Sculpey Premo Accent Golds: 18k Gold, Antique Gold, and Gold. I chopped them into pieces, and swirled them, flatten them several times. 






Here's the link to the colors.

Step 3: Make the Cuff

I rolled the clay to match up with the size of the premo! Sculpey® Cuff Bracelet


It's a reuseable metal form to make cuffs. 





Then, I set some broken "pearl chain" into the borders of the cuff.  After that. I took the broken brooch and embedded into the clay. 

Step 4: Bake, Cool and Enjoy

I baked the cuff and the embedded components, per the Sculpey website's directions. 
Bake on oven-proof glass or metal surface at 275 °F (130 °C) for 30 minutes per 1/4” (6 mm) thickness.

After the bracelet was baked and cooled, I slowly and gently peeled the clay away from the bracelet form. Finally, I added a couple of drops of epoxy under the pin to reinforce the bond. I let it cure, and wore the cuff the very next day.


Here it is, the finished project!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mend and Make Do: Repairing Small Moth Holes in a Cashmere Sweater

Trip to Philadelphia, PA to Theatre of Living Arts to see RATT

How to Dye a Leather Purse with Spray Paint Color