DIY BB Cream from Samples and a Repurposed Container

I was doing some cleaning and organizing this weekend in my makeup area, and I found a BB Cream Sample from Pond's Luminous Finish BB Cream (Light)Urban Decay's Naked Skin Beauty Balm Broad Spectrum SPF 20 and Boscia's BB Cream Light Broad Spectrum SPF27. I also had a partial tube of Garnier BB Cream Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector


I also just finished a tube of Philosophy's Miracle Worker Dark Spot Corrector. I had a "brainstorm" moment.... instead of throwing out the used up (airtight) tube, how about I repurpose it for my BB creams?


I used a pair of vise grips, and grasped down on the bottle where the top joins the rest of the bottle.


I applied just enough pressure to remove the applicator (top) off the bottle.


Then, I used a pair of tweezers to depress the floating bottom of the tube, and I cleaned out the tube.


I depressed the nozzle, to make sure no product was left behind.


Then, I emptied the samples and partial tube into the "new" container.


I had to make sure to tap the bottle periodically to ensure that all the BB cream made it in there, while minimizing air pockets.


I took an end of a makeup brush to thoroughly mix all the BB creams. Again, I made sure to tap the bottle to "burp" out the air pockets.


I put the applicator end on the top of the bottle, along with the clear cap, and pressed down firmly to seal the bottle. 


I peeled off the old label and hand-wrote "BB Cream DIY Mix" on it, and cleaned out the sample containers. The containers are good for holding tiny beads.


Here's the BB cream on my finger, before I applied it to my face.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mend and Make Do: Repairing Small Moth Holes in a Cashmere Sweater

How to Dye a Leather Purse with Spray Paint Color

Trip to Philadelphia, PA to Theatre of Living Arts to see RATT