Quickie DIY: Upcycled China Cup and Hens & Chicks Mother's Day or Other Occasion Gift

Guess what? Mother's Day almost caught me by surprise this year. Ack! Panic mode... What to do? So, to get inspiration, I went to my local Goodwill Store. I found this box of vintage "china" cups and saucers. 


It was marked $5.99 for the whole box, but lucky for me, red tags were one of the two colors on the 50% off weekly sale. So, the whole box was $3, plus tax.


Then, I went off to my local garden supply center... Yes, a mom and pop place!
It's called Bob's Garden Center. They close at 9 PM on Saturday nights, and I got there at 8:45.


I scored three "Hens and Chicks" for $4.99 each, plus tax. They're great succulents!


This is the "quickie" part. You pick a cup and saucer, and pick a plant. Depot it GENTLY, and remove enough soil over a paper bag or newspaper, etc... to keep the mess to a minimum.


Place the succulent in the cup, and clean it up! Easy peasy! It was quick, affordable, environmentally friendly (by upcycling), and supported local businesses! Major pat on the back!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mend and Make Do: Repairing Small Moth Holes in a Cashmere Sweater

How to Dye a Leather Purse with Spray Paint Color

Trip to Philadelphia, PA to Theatre of Living Arts to see RATT